Thursday, October 22, 2009

Someone On the Couch Took My Picture

Here I am in 1993 or 1994. My hair in a ponytail. On top of the TV an autographed photo of Chet Atkins. An actual glass Coke bottle in the foreground, which seems ancient--even then. I'm smoking, which was a silly thing for me to do. I'm holding a 1972 Martin 000-18, which I still own. It is in a guitar case just a few feet from me right now. It was in bad shape then. I remember one time I had put it on the coffee table (the coffee table supporting that glass Coke bottle and those cans of Coors) and we received a pizza we'd ordered and we just set the hot pizza, in its thin cardboard box, right on top of my guitar. That was a stupid thing for me to do, but It was 1993 or 1994. You know, growing. I hardly know what to think. I'm just looking at it.