Sunday, April 12, 2009

To My Two Kids

I love you. I love you both, so much.
I love you both, so much.
I just love you and I don't know how 
to love you more.
I just love you so much.
I love both of you so much. You are better
than anything in the world. I cannot think
of one thing in the world I would trade you for.
I wouldn't trade you for millions of dollars
or fame or power. I would not trade
you to see all of my other dreams in life
come true. I just love you both so much.
I just love you so very much.
As I kissed you both before bed,
as I hugged you both before bed,
I couldn't have been happier. I would
not trade your hugs or kisses for
anything in the world. I would not trade your
hugs and kisses for millions of dollars
or fame or power. I love you so much
that I wish I could love you more and be even
more to you, even more for you, help you and love
you just that much more. I love you  both so much.
I would love to say something better than just
I love you, but I don't know how to say I love you
anymore plainly than to say, I love you. I just
love you both so much. I know that my parents
love me and now I love you too. I love you so
much. I had no idea that I could feel this way.
I had no idea the love my parents had for me. I would
not trade you for my parents or my brothers 
or my wife or for anything in the world, not millions
of dollars or fame or power. 
I had no idea that love could describe how I
feel for you and how parents feel for their 
children. I did not know that vocabulary was so
inadequate. I just love you both. I love you both.
I just love you both so much that I want to
invent something new to describe it. But I can't invent
anything new. I just love you both so much
and want you to know how much I love you because
that is part of the point of all of my love. I had
no idea that love had a point before. But now I know
the point. The point is you. I just love you both.
I just really, really love you. I love you so much.
I just really, really love you both. I would
not trade my love for you for anything, not millions
or fame or power, not people or food or immortality.
I would not trade you or your love for anything
or any other love. I love you both so much.
I love you both so much more than I can say.
I love you both so much more than I can say.
I love you both so much more than I can say in this poem.