Thursday, April 10, 2008

Tha Alibi

Where was I between 6:35 and 8:15pm on April 10, 2008? I was in Ball State's Worthen Arena watching the Harlem Globetrotters with my son, Max. There was this guy called "Big Easy" and another guy called "Sweet Pea" and other guys who also had exciting nicknames and very impressive dunking and ball handling skills. When they were throwing T-shirts to the crowd Max was standing up with his arms in the air screaming and shaking like a 5 year old screaming and shaking for a T-shirt. It was fucking sweet! And then this one guy got his uniform ripped off and he ran from the court in his underwear. Max was cracking up and so was I. No, I didn't talk to anyone I know, except Max. But I saw, from a distance, a guy from work. He was helping his kid leap a big puddle. Even though he wanted to leave midway through the 2nd quarter, when we got home Max said, "Do you know how fun that was?" and I said, "No, bud, how much fun was that?" and he said, "It was so fun....I think my head is going to explode." Fuckin' A!